To ensure that our fighters enjoy worldwide acclaim, EFC™ strictly follows the international standard rules for mixed martial arts events and championships.
- Flyweight – below 57 kg.
- Bantamweight – over 57 kg. to 61 kg.
- Featherweight – over 61 kg. to 66 kg.
- Lightweight – over 66 kg. to 70 kg.
- Welterweight – over 70 kg. to 77 kg.
- Middleweight – over 77 kg. to 84 kg.
- Light Heavyweight – over 84 kg. to 93 kg.
- Heavyweight – over 93 kg. to 120 kg
- Butting with the head.
- Eye gouging of any kind.
- Hair pulling.
- Fish hooking.
- Groin attacks of any kind.
- Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
- Small joint manipulation.
- Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
- Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
- Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
- Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
- Grabbing the clavicle.
- Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
- Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
- Stomping a grounded opponent.
- Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
- Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
- Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
- Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
- Spitting at an opponent.
- Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
- Holding the ropes or the fence.
- Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
- Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
- Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
- Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
- Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
- Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
- Interference by the corner.
- Throwing in the towel during competition.
Download PDF Rules
- All non-championship bouts shall be three rounds.
- All championship bouts shall be five rounds.
- Rounds will be five minutes in duration.
- A one-minute rest period will occur between each round.
Ways to Win
- Submission by:
- Physical tap out.
- Verbal tap out
- Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
- Decision via the scorecards, including:
- Unanimous decision [all judges pick the same fighter as the winner].
- Split decision [One judge picks one fighter, the other two judges pick the other fighter].
- Majority decision [Two of three judges pick the same fighter as the winner, the final judge says the fight was a draw].
- Draw, including:
- Unanimous draw.
- Majority draw.
- Split draw.
- Technical decision.
- Technical draw.
- No contest.
Referee may restart the round
- If the fighters reach a stalemate and do not work to improve position or finish.